Sharpener Pro 3.0 will be available in September for electronic delivery directly from (Nik Software) in four languages (English, French, German, and Spanish). It will be available through specialty camera retailers in October of 2008. The SRP will be € 199.95, with upgrades from any previous version will be available for € 99.95. For more information about Sharpener Pro 3.0, including video tutorials showing the software running within Photoshop and Aperture and a free 15-day fully functional trial version, please visit www.niksoftware.com/sharpenerpro.
“Sharpener Pro 3.0 has been dramatically improved with a range of new features, including powerful creative sharpening tools, a soft proofing option, and integrated U Point technology,” said Michael J. Slater president and CEO of Nik Software. “This new version of Sharpener Pro offers the most comprehensive tools for optimally sharpening images for any output device while also offering photographers the complete control they expect,” Slater concluded. Key Features include:
• New U Point Powered Control Points—Enables precise, selective sharpening control
• Updated Output Sharpening—Provides the ultimate control to create perfectly sharpened images on all devices and media types such as display, inkjet, continuous tone, half tone, and hybrid tone
• New Creative Sharpening—Enhances fine details and textures with new structure, focus, and local contrast tools for drawing attention to desired areas within the image
• New Industry-First Sharpening Soft Proof—Allows detailed inspection of sharpening results on screen before printing, eliminating costly test prints
• New Output Presets—Enables custom settings to be saved for consistent, professional results
• Updated RAW Presharpener—Retains and enhances sharp details within images without amplifying noise and other artifacts
• Updated Powerful Selective Tool (Photoshop only)—Enables the use of Photoshop’s brush tools to paint in sharpening selectively
• New Smart Filter Support (Photoshop only)—Provides compatibility with Adobe Photoshop’s Smart Objects enabling adjustments to sharpening after Sharpener Pro has been applied
• New Multi-Image Support (Aperture only)—Provides compatibility with Aperture’s multiimage support, allowing photographers to easily copy and paste settings between images to maintain consistency
Nik Software have announced the latest version of their Sharpener Pro photographic plug-in for use with Adobe® Photoshop® and Apple® Aperture™. Sharperner Pro is designed for professionals and photo enthusiasts, and features Nik Software's patented U Point technology, which allows photographers to selectively sharpen objects and uses Control Points to offer precise control over sharpening.